Ragley BigWig 29/27.5+ Frame
Ragley BigWig 29/27.5+ Frame
Select 'Add to Cart' to choose color and size.
Ragley's 29'r/27.5+ steel frameset, designed for all mountain/enduro use.
- Want to do a full custom build?
- We can help you pick your components, hand-build your wheels, source the parts, and assemble it for you!
- Discounts available for custom builds, contact for more information!
First launched in 2013, the original Big Wig defined what a modern steel 29er hardtail frame should be: Strong, light, adaptable, agile, forgiving over rough terrain, huge fun to ride and with a great ability to carry speed and steam roll over everything!
Building on the success of the original, we wanted the new Big Wig to keep the soul of the old frame by retaining as many of the original features as possible: It is made from custom drawn triple butted 4130 Chromoly Steel and features classic Ragley attributes such as a 44mm head tube, 3 Finger Bridge, Taperlite seat tube and chain stay mounted disc brake calliper. To bring the frame right up to date we added a whole host of new features such as a Boost 148 mm rear hub spacing, better tyre clearance, better stand-over and internal dropper seatpost compatibility.
Our updated trail geometry uses a long front centre, short 435mm chain stays, a slammed BB and a slack head angle of 65˚Static (66.5˚ Sagged at 25%) for improved handling and manoeuvrability.
When coupled with a 130mm travel fork and a short stem, the result is a long, low, slack and planted feeling bike with excellent grip, impeccable trail handling and stability that inspires confidence at high speed and over steep/technical terrain.
27.5”+ Compatibility means the Big Wig is more versatile than ever! The Tyre clearance from our revised 3 finger bridge is so good that the frame is 27.5”+ compatible; where you can fit 27.5”+ wheels with wide 44mm rims and up to a massive 3” tyres allowing you to adapt your Bigwig to suit the conditions you want to ride.
The 2017 Ragley Bigwig 29” Hardtail is a Trail/All Mountain/Enduro Race friendly machine for those who demand a versatile, go anywhere and ride everything kind of bike that inspires confidence in every situation. At home on any terrain: from tearing up your local singletrack, to back country adventures in the middle of nowhere, smashing out runs in the Alps or racing Enduro; It is the weapon of choice for those who want to ride everything!
- All Mountain/Trail/Enduro frame
- Custom triple butted 4130 Chromoly steel
- Fork range: Optimised for a 130mm fork with a tapered steerer and external lower headset cup but can also accommodate a 120/130/140mm forks.
- Updated Trail geometry optimised for 29” wheels
- 5+” Wheel compatibility – For rims of 44mm wide and tyres up to 3” (We recommend 170mm cranks when using 27.5+ wheels.)
- Taperlite Seat tube with internal dropper seatpost compatibility.
- Three Finger” chainstay bridge is exclusive to Ragley, and allows massive tyre clearance and gives resilience to any attempted chainsuck/derailment. You can fit 29” wheels with 2.4in tyres without any chainring or tyre clearance issues.
- Bolt on Cable guides located on the underside of the top tube/down tube allow for neat and tidy adaptable routing to suit your set up.
- Chain stay mounted post disc brake mount (Max rotor size: 180mm)
- ISCG 05 Tabs
- 5 Year Warranty and lifetime crash replacement
- ISO 4210 Certified
- Frame comes with a Ragley 148x12mm bolt through Axle, Ragley Chain stay protector and Ragley QR Seatclamp
- • Head Angle: 65˚Static (66.5˚ Sagged at 25%)
- • Effective Seat Angle: 74˚
- • Seat Angle : 72˚
- • Chain stay length: 435mm
- • Seat post: 31.6mm
- • Rear Axle: Boost 148x12mm Ragley bolt through Axle as standard
- • Seat Collar: 34.9mm
- • Front Derailleur: 34.9mm Band Top Pull
- • BB Shell: 73mm BSA
- • Head tube: 44mm Standard - ZS44/28.6 | EC44/40
- • Colour Options: Black/Grey or Green/Yellow
- • Wheel/Tyre Size: 29” wheels with 2.4” tyres or 27.5”+ wheels with 3.0” Tyres (We recommend 170mm cranks when using 27.5+ wheels on the Bigwig.)
- • Size Options: M - 17”, L - 19”, XL-20”
- • Weight: 6.6lbs/3kgs (17” Frame)
DISCLAIMER: Ragley's are sent over here from the UK, so expect up to 12 days for shipment. Also, Ragley is a small operation, and at times may be out of stock of some choices. You will be contacted if there is an issue fulfilling your order.